Yesterday was so cold and rainy, which just makes me want to cook
warm homey foods!
I had fresh corn in my freezer that i prepped & froze last month so this recipe just
had to be made!
Homemade Creamed Corn is the best, I personally love to add extra
bold flavors to change it around.
- 4 Cups of Corn
- If you are using fresh corn on the cob (2 ears = 1 cup)
- 1 Cup of Heavy Cream
- 1 Tablespoon of Flour
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- 4 strips of bacon
- I also like to add bell peppers, jalapenos or onions
- Chop the bacon into bit size pieces and fry in a skillet
- Meanwhile, mix the salt, pepper & flour to combine
- Once the bacon is fully cooked add the flour mixture and stir to soak up the bacon grease
- (this step will keep your cream base creamy & not lumpy!!)
- If you plan to add any other veggies to your corn you will want to add them now to let me soften a bit
- Add the corn and cook down a bit at medium-high heat. The milky juice from the corn will start to surface and create a creamy texture.
- Add the heavy cream & stir until mixture boils.
- Turn the heat to low and allow to simmer until desired thickness