Buying Coupons on Ebay
As of today 7/17 there are some major changes to Ebay’s manufacturer’s coupon policy and how coupons are being sold on Ebay. If you rely on Ebay as a source for buying or selling coupons, you will want to read up on this new policy.
One of the most interesting pars of the policy to me: You CAN NOT claim that the price of the coupon is based on the value of the labor involved in clipping the coupons instead of the coupons themselves. Under eBay rules, the coupons themselves are the items being sold. To me this makes perfect sense to me. If I’m “paying” for your time to clip the coupon, than why does the price change depending on the coupon?! Don’t all coupon the same pair of scissors or paper cutter to clip?!
IF YOU ARE A SELLER OF COUPONS ON EBAY:
- Sellers can only sell up to a maximum of $100 in value of coupons or 25 valid, unexpired, original coupons per month, whichever limit is reached first. The 25 coupons limit is coupon count not coupon listing count! Meaning if a seller list a single listing for 25 coupons for XYX coupon they would have already met the monthly coupon limit and CAN NOT list any more coupons!
- Coupons for “free” products – including coupons for Buy 1, Get 1 Free may no longer be sold on eBay! This is a very good thing beings that the majority of “free” item coupons are fraudulent! Note I said majority not all!
- This policy takes effect today 7/17! Starting September 1, 2013, Sellers & their listings for coupons that don’t comply with these policy changes will be removed. After September 1, listings in violation of this policy may be subject to a range of other actions, including restrictions of buying and selling privileges, a suspension of your account or even legal actions.
IF YOU ARE A BUYING OF COUPONS ON EBAY:
- These new policies will dramatically effect the amount of coupons available on Ebay for you to purchase.
- Coupons are going to be more expensive to buy now that they have to be at face value & not “valued at the sellers time to clip”
This is just an over view of the major changes. Please be sure to review all the terms of the updated policy .